Registered Nurse (RN)
The RN Nurse Care Manager is a practice-based RN who directly supports GBUACO’s opioid use disorder (OUD) and medication assisted treatment (MAT) population. In collaboration with other members of the healthcare team, the RN Nurse Care Manager is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and providing care coordination and care management services to patients within GBUACO who are diagnosed with or may be at risk for substance use disorder; standard caseload size is 80+ clients for this position.
- Conduct weekly rotations at each MAT-prescribing practice to coach and assist with:
- Implementation of MAT practice guidelines and clinical workflows.
- Onsite support for providers as they and their staff deliver MAT with OUD patients.
- Convening and running case conferences among the provider, counselor, and care coordinator.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of patients’ physical, mental, and psychosocial needs.
- Develop care plans to prevent disease exacerbation and relapse, improve outcomes, increase patient engagement, decrease risk status, and minimize hospital and ED utilization.
- Follow-up with patients within 24 hours on impatient discharge and 48 hours of ED visit notification.
- Partner with external case management programs and specialty providers to coordinate care.
- Ongoing evaluation and documentation of patient progress in the EMR.
- Coordinate treatment maintenance that address:
- The length and frequency of office visits
- The length of time between prescriptions
- Frequency of drug testing
- Use and schedule of OUD psychosocial services
- The RN Case Manager will report to the Chief Medical Officer and Director of Practice Facilitation.
RN (Registered Nurse) Physical Requirements
- Walking, standing, sitting and driving.
- Weight Requirement: 50lbs
- Current RN license, in good standing.
- At least 2 years clinical experience
- At least 1-year case management experience, strongly preferred
- Knowledge of/ experience with delivering MAT in outpatient clinical setting either in office-based or OTP settings.
- Experience providing care with OUD individuals.
- Ability to work in linguistically and culturally diverse clinical settings.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Retirement/Pension Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Duration: 3 years with the possibility of extension
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Shift: First (Day)
New York State Human Rights Law and Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Law prohibit discrimination of candidates for employment based on race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, arrest record, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition, or other protected status. GBUACO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. GBUACO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at all service locations.
To Apply, send resume to and .